Muscles! The thing that got us all into this field. They make people look better and do some really cool things, but what is really going on here?
In this video, Brandon dives into what’s going on under the hood.
- Why is muscle structure and function important to coaches?
- How muscle, muscle fibers, and sarcomeres are arranged.
- How sarcomere arrangement and length alter function.
- How muscle contracts and what causes it to do so.
- What makes “fiber types” different from one another.
If you want to read more about muscle structure and function, Brandon recommends the following textbooks