This month begins a series on speed, starting with the components of speed programming. This presentation lays out the model I use to navigate my way through speed programming to ensure absolute transfer to sport. By manipulating factors such as predictability and urgency, you can place your athletes right where their skill level puts them and learn how to progress them through to complete competency of a skill.
Get ready to learn
- the precautions I’ve taken to minimize wasted time with my athletes
- when to add competition to your speed programming
- how to control predictability and variability in your speed drills for the best outcome
- mock progression of honing the skill of the hip turn
- why does complexity matter in speed training