There are now entire businesses that revolve around recovery. People are constantly pushing themselves to the brink of destruction: more, more, MORE!
I’m just going to say it: sometimes, people need LESS.
Man this was a good discussion. Topics include:
- Recovery for physical therapy patients
- Recovery for pro athletes
- Recovery for high school athletes
- Recovery for general population clients
- The ONE thing that is impacted across to board for my clients, Bill’s clients, and YOUR clients.
- One of Ty’s favorite assessment indications of athletic potential
- Why do people have pain?
- Is joint impingement really that bad?
- The compliance of my pro athlete clients
- Lance & Brandon’s professor: a former Olympic level thrower, current neuroscience PhD, & my former classmate at Ball State University
- Am I looking at all the things I can do or the ONE thing I can do to help my athletes recover?
- The balance between keeping an athlete primed for competition vs toned down enough to recover
- Bill’s biggest pet peeve with patients
- And a ton of other stuff!
TODAY’S CHALLENGE: How do you help your clients recover? Help out your fellow coaches and share one short idea in the comments!