If you’re going to get the desired training effect with your clients you have to know how the body reacts to training.
In this video we go through the physiologic changes occurring before, during, and after, a training session. Understanding how the systems in the body react acutely to training and work together will help to make your training more targeted, allowing for bigger better training effects in a shorter period of time.
At the beginning of the video, I recommend a bunch of our other videos that you may want to take a look at to get the most out of this one, as this video is physiology applied.
- The Nervous System, Parts 1 and 2
- The Cardiovascular System: An introduction for strength and conditioning coaches
- The Mechanics of Respiration
- Muscle Structure and Function
There are plenty of textbooks that discuss acute responses to exercise. I have two main recommendations based, but it depends on what you’re looking for.
- If you want something that is easy to read, pick up Physiology of Sport and Exercise
- If you want something that goes into more detail, pick up Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy, and Human Performance.